20 November 2011

Updates.

Well, here's a quick update on our situation!
First, we are still poor.  Ben's still trying to find a job.  Chris is getting married this weekend (that's a major yay!), which means soon I shall have a sister-in-law and two new nieces.  I'm pretty excited about that one.

I had a nice birthday, though it was fairly quiet.  Still had to go to work (boo), but they got me a chocolate cake (yay)!  Ashley, Julie, and Ben took me out to Olive Garden for dinner.  And on Saturday, Mom came down from Jonesboro to take Ben and me out to dinner... we went to Gauchos-- yum.  And Mom got me the most amazing suitcase that I'd been drooling over.  I still have my bright fuchsia one... and Ben may have to use that one when we move, haha.  I also got the Doctor Who Series 6 Part 1 Blu-ray pack!

Now for the real updates.  We've been accepted to Footprints Recruiting, which is great.  And we've applied to two jobs already through separate recruiters.  We haven't heard back from them yet, but those jobs started March 1st, so if we can find something sooner, that would be better.  Also, Ben and I bit the bullet and reluctantly signed up for online TEFL certification courses.  This set us back $445 (I had a bit of a panic attack on the way to work after paying), but the benefit is undeniable.  We will not only get some good insight on the classroom settings we will be working in, but we will also be qualified for higher salaries with those certifications under our belts.  I hope we made the right decision.  I'm still freaking out about it a little...

In other news, our FBI background checks finally came in, and we got a recommendation for a private organization that can get them Apostilled for us much quicker (as in, about a week, as opposed to 4-6 weeks). Which means, once we get that taken care of, and our letters of reference are complete, we will have all of our paperwork.  Which means we just lack a job offer, a contract, and our visa from the consulate.

Moving right along...


No comments: