08 January 2011

turning the tide.

I had to invite my other e-mail account (AKA this one) to "contribute" to the blog, since this address is in my old e-mail's account name.

ANYWAYYYY.

So, a certain exciting development has unfolded in my life, and I'm anxious to share it.

First, we moved to Conway back in October, and we love our apartment.

But the real development is that I just got a new job this week. Yesterday, actually. A friend of Flora's let me in on an opening for a makeup artist at his aunt's day spa in Little Rock. I went, interviewed, and they pulled me in for a second interview yesterday. Long story short, I am now a bonafide makeup artist getting paid for what I love to do. My current boss at Maubucks isn't too happy, but to tell the truth, I'm tired of coffee and trying to be nice to the same jerks day in and day out for almost two years. It's been long overdue.

My last day at Starbucks is in two weeks, and after that, I will be full time at the Rejuvenation Day Spa. I have my own make-up room and everything, and I can use all of their products-- Bare Minerals and Jane Iredale!

What does this mean for the future? Well, Ben and I have recently discussed moving to Washington in the near future (next couple of years). He's going to try to interview with some stores up there and in other places around America to get a feel for what it'll take to move... he's even trying to figure out how to get into a Vancouver store. My new job isn't going to take away from Vancouver and our future plans. We still have to save money before MU school. But being in a job where I can get more hands-on experience and hopefully get some good letters of recommendation is very important and exciting for me right now. I need all the help I can get to find my way into a school.

Besides, I'm getting paid more. And I'll get to see my husband more, with the regular hours.

Today is a good day.

Beks

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I'm so happy for you Bek Bek!!! I intend to keep up with this blog lol.