17 January 2011

Beauty.

Today, after meeting another girl from the spa and reading the dress code rules, I started thinking about how rough around the edges a girl's appearance can get while working at SBUX or other similar jobs. I was thinking, "Geez... I'm going to need a serious manicure and a haircut to be able to keep up appearances with the other employees here." My hands are rough, dry, and chapped from chemicals and heavy usage, my nails are unpolished, and my main hairstyle for the past year and a half has been a ponytail or bun. I thought to myself, "I need some work."

Just when I started to think about it again this evening, I ran across this quote:

"And above all things, never think that you're not good enough yourself. You should never think that. My belief is that in life people will take you at your own reckoning." -- Isaac Asimov

What a perfect thing to find. I really needed to hear that.

...still gonna get a haircut, though.

No comments: