21 January 2009

keep it cool.

Two days of official classes gone by, and here's how things stand:

Honors Senior Seminar:  Issues in Global Economics and Environment
Well, I've got tentative hopes for this course.  I'm learning a lot already, and I'm enjoying getting a better grasp on economics (something I've had a hard time with in the past).  There's a lot of reading, though, and writing, too.  That's a little difficult, but not too daunting.  Yay for Honors.

Stage Makeup
HOMG THE COOLEST CLASS EVER.  For real.  75% of the grade is putting makeup on yourself.  At first I was a little wary, having already some decent experience with theatrical makeup, but I'm already learning new things.  Fabulous.  Plus, I have this class with Trace, and Trace is one of the grooviest people ever.  So yeah.

Cognitive Psychology
Not a really difficult course.  And thus not too much to say about it.  Wade's in both of my psych classes, so at least I have a friend.

Physiological Psychology
As this class is taken from the same teacher 10 minutes after Cognitive Psychology, we sometimes hear a lot of the same stuff in this class that we did the last one.  ...but that's not really a big deal.  The prof's very amiable, and he makes us laugh.  Again, probably not a very difficult course, so all's good.

Principles of Sociology
I really like my professor for this course.  He's got a very gentle, intelligent countenance.  Though a lot of the stuff we are looking at now I've already studied at least twice before, I think I'm going to enjoy this class anyway.

Symphonic Band
Ah, symphonic band.  ...What is there to say?  I got passive-aggressively scolded as I came in.  We're supposed to be there 5-10 minutes early to tune (as with any band class I've ever had), but I have class in across campus just beforehand, so I'm just going to have to book it from Irby to SFA on MWF.  Also not pleased about having to schedule sectionals every week, but HEY!  I'm not all that worried, nor do I care all that much.  I just like to play.  The literature we're reading right now is fun, though some parts are a bit difficult.  Overall, I like band.  S'normal.


Alycia and I have started to work out in the mornings on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  I love it already.  Oboe lessons start next week, though, and mine is at 9:30am on Wednesday, so I'm going to have to reorganize my workout schedule.

We're going bellydancing tonight, weeeeee!

More to come soon, including the ever-changing spring break and summer plans, and life changes.

Love,
Beks.

2 comments:

Jules Kelly said...

There is no such thing as loving working out.

That is such an awkward sentence. It's the back-to-back ing verbs.

It is impossible to love to work out.

Better. Much better.

Anyway, best year ever?

Ryeanna said...

I think you should have kept to the awkward sentence. It was much more fitting... as you're the awkward (I mean the quirky) one.

THIS YEAR BETTER BE THE BEST YEAR EVER.