25 December 2008

christmas!

Happy Christmas, world.  There's still a few minutes left of it here in Arkansas.  I think I'd consider this year's holiday season a pretty great one.  We spent Thanksgiving in Nashville with family, and now the family's come to us.  My brother came in on Monday, and my uncle (Johnny) and aunt (Dana) from New Jersey drove in on Tuesday.  It's been a pretty tame week.  Chris had to leave to go back to Mississippi after lunch today, and we all miss him.  But we have more family driving in to spend tomorrow with us, so that should be fun.

I didn't sleep too well last night... and not because I was excited about Christmas!  I did something last night that I probably should have done way back in October... I've just been too weak to do it.  When Laura first suggested it several weeks ago, I didn't know if I'd be able to, but last night I finally decided it was time to let go.  I didn't sleep well because of predictably (but rather vividly) sad dreams.  Weird, I know, but I think my subconscious was ritualistically letting go, too, or something.  Saying goodbye and all that.  I just know I woke up crying in the wee hours of the morning, replaying everything that happened in the dream.  I can't remember the last time I woke up crying... childhood?  Who knows.  Ah well.  It's over now.  Hello, new life.

Christmas morning, ahhhh.
I think the gifts I gave went over passing well, so I'm glad for that!

These are the most notable things I got:
  • Doctor Who Season 3 (thank you, Chris!!)
  • Sephora Brand Ultimate Blockbuster - Collector's Edition Palette + lip repulpant gloss (thanks Mom!)
  • Heatable Aromatherapy Booties (I'm SERIOUS, you heat them up in the microwave and put them on your feet!)
  • Handmade scarf and hat set
  • Hoodie from Hawaii
  • iPod to FM converter for my car

Chris also gave me my birthday present the other day, which was a new orange iPod nano.  Very cute!  

I'm house/pet-sitting for some family friends this weekend and part of next week.  Good thing, too, I need the money.  :)

Also:  my mom is taking in a 15-yr-old German exchange student for 10 days after the New Year.  ...Kinda weird, and I get the feeling I'm going to be the one trucking the girl around trying to entertain her.  But it should be fun, I guess.

Well, that's about it!  I hope everyone's Christmas (or winter-time holiday) was fantastic and brilliant and all that!

Cheers.

No comments: