14 August 2008

Carry this picture for luck.

A month into the job, and I've already found myself in a potentially stressful position where my future is not quite my own. The new major pulled me into his office yesterday and more or less asked me to act as his personal assistant when I was here during school. I told him I'd be happy to, but he wanted me to move offices.

Aie, me... I kind of told him I wanted to stay here in my second new office (I've moved twice in the past week), but after talking to Mark this morning, I don't know if that's such a good idea. He said that... if I stuck with this new job as secretary/staff for the new major, it could build into a really good job for after I graduate school...

Which is what I was wanting from ASP.

I'd been planning on sticking with this job as long as possible so I could raise money for makeup school. I'd even been hoping to be able to keep this job, or get another one here, after I graduated for a year or so. That wouldn't be so bad, would it?

I don't know. It's what I want... but now I've got all this added stress on me. Mom told me I should think hard on whether taking it would be too stressful for me during school, as my schedule is always heinously hectic. The seeds of doubt planted, I'm terrified that if I took the job, I would fail in something... be it my job, schoolwork, oboe, friends, or extracurriculars (namely Laughing Stock, Ambassadors, and Council).

I told Mark I would think about it today... in the end, I might be moving over to Mike's old office after all. I don't know. We'll see. It just... makes me nervous, how the job, in Mark's opinion, seems to hinge on whether I take that office or not.

...

Sigh.


Other than that, things are going... really well. I've been dating a guy for about a month now, and I don't think I could be happier with the situation. He's quirky, sweet, intelligent, and he has honest blue eyes. What more could I ask for, really? Haha... Plus, he loves music. That helps. And he graduated from Honors at UCA. Which helps, too-- we kind of speak on the same level. We operate on the same wavelengths. It's weird... but in the end, a delightful surprise. Whatever I did to deserve a guy like him, I don't know... but I hope it lasts.

Moving into the dorm on Saturday. Mom'll be down to help me move. I bought 4 tickets for the Punch Brothers (Chris Thile of Nickel Creek's new band) concert in November. I also plan on buying a gorgeous orchid plant for my aunt as a surprise, but I'm still working on the details for that. Hopefully she'll be home on Saturday like we'd planned.

Peace.

No comments: