21 April 2008

all you've gotta do is try.

This is what I'm looking at right now.  A representative from Cosmix School of Makeup Artistry in Florida called me today as a followup of the catalogue I requested they send me.  This time I didn't scream or freak out or not answer the phone or anything like I did when MKC called me earlier this semester.  I had a nice conversation with Shelly, and I really think their school looks great.  I'd love to be able to go... all in all, the program I'd want to take is about 3 months or so, and it's about $10,000, including materials, etc.  It doesn't include lodging, so I would have to stay in an apartment or something (yuck).  But still... if I were able to get some kind of financial aid, I'm pretty sure I would be able to pay off the loans pretty soon, with the right connections.  I know she was talking up the program, but she said her most successful graduates are making 6-digit figures.  Pretty cool, n'est pas?

The only thing with the money is that there is so much that I still need to get.  I have money for this summer-- I'm planning on setting aside about $1,000-$2,000 of it to my travel money.  The rest of the money I got this year I'm putting toward a car.  I need a car I can rely on, a car I know won't fall apart on me in the middle of nowhere.  Preferably something with less than 100,000 miles.  Preferably something a little easier on the eyes than good 'ole Bessie.  The Bekah-mobile has seen better days, there's no doubt about that.

I also need to start saving up for a better laptop.  I was hoping I'd be able to afford buying one this year, and I would.  If I wanted to forgo getting the car with the money Mom set aside for me, I could prolly buy any kind of laptop I wanted.  But as it is, the car is a little more important.  So I'm getting the car, and hoping to be able to afford a better laptop later on.  *nods*

Some other stuff I want, not necessarily need:
--new digital camera
--digital video camera
--new oboe bag
--Doctor Who, all of the 9th & 10th Doctors' seasons
--to be an extra on Twilight Doh!


Aside from the semi-sucky day I had yesterday, complete with not eating lunch or dinner, a meeting running late, a speeding ticket because I was running late for a rehearsal because that meeting ran late, kinda getting in trouble for being late for rehearsal, and snapping at my roommates...  Aside from that, I know that things are going well for me.  Everything's going to be just fine.  I get to see my mom tonight.  I get to go home next week.  A bittersweet happiness-- as always, I'm going to miss my roommates terribly.  Laina and Julie (and Alycia, when she was around last semester) have been really great.  This fall is going to be different for us, as it's just been me, Laina, and Julie for months now.  And in the fall, we're going to have someone new.  I don't know what's going to happen, and it makes me a little sad... but who knows what kind of great things will come out of having a new roommate?  I hope we don't alienate her and that she feels comfortable to laugh and be around us.  And I hope we're comfortable around her and we can all be friends.  I don't want it to be "us" against "her".  That wouldn't be cool.  I'm all about that friendship thing.

Well, I'm off to go do some cleaning.  I really ought to pack up a bit for when my mom gets here.  She'll be wanting me to have stuff ready to go, and I'll be wanting to get my shower and stuff.  *meh*.

Loves, Bekbeks

No comments: