29 January 2008

a trip down memory lane.



The weather today was ridiculously windy. In the vortex that is the courtyard between New and Farris Halls, the skinny duo of friends we have, Joe and Julie, near well blew away! And died. Definitely near well died. So we decided it would be a good idea to fly a kite.



Moving on. This entry is dedicated to some old haunts and hobbies of mine. These date back as far as the year 2000.

The first one is definitely the oldest; I got this little bugger in sixth grade from a friend on ICQ. It's a little sheep that runs around on your desktop. You can pick him up, drop him, watch him eat, sleep, get abducted by aliens, and catch on fire. I took some screenshots of mine and pasted them into a single image here.


To get your own little stray sheep, just visit the SCMPOO website. Their site also gives some tips on how to play with your sheep and why he does what he does. :)


My next fad is a website called Kiwibox.

I was searching for some old usernames of mine on Goggle today, and I found this: find "beetrio", and you'll run across yet another incident to prove that I am, in fact, a loser. So after tracking down my old password and signing in, I discovered old friends, blogs, stories, and a life I had intentionally left behind for five years.




When I look back at all the stuff in my profile, yeah. YEAH. I can't help but laugh hysterically.





























There were the journals that I regularly updated with sections of the book I was writing.


Elven Raiders was the title of "Ryeanna's Story," long ago when I actually set time aside to write.


I had several loyal subscribers to my stories.


They always left really nice comments on my novel.


And I even subscribed to some of my own.


I'd racked up a lot of "kiwipoints", but now that I think of it, I don't remember anything about what they're used for.


And it turns out that Julie, my roommate, had a Kiwibox, too! We were thoroughly enjoying going through our old haunt and laughing over stuff we said when we were fourteen. I mourn some of that stuff. Ha... yeah. Anyway. I might edit this later tonight or tomorrow, but then again-- hope you enjoyed the blast from my teenage past!

2 comments:

Jules Kelly said...

Bekah! I totally got a profile just so I could comment on your fanfabulous post down memory lane! Aaahhh! The sheep! Kiwibox! There must be more...

And hopefully, you haven't started another Kiwibox surge...

Ryeanna said...

giggitygiggitygiggitygiggity!!!!
You know you wanna be a Kiwi-er again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if that site is at all affiliated with New Zealand.